Sunday, April 26, 2009

Other schools besides Purchase

Due to the Jewish holidays, I missed the infamous culture shock event at SUNY Purchase.  However, the following weekend, my friends and I went up to the University of Hartford in CT for their spring event called Spring Fling.  I heard from my friends at Purchase that culture shock was insane, ridiculous, best weekend ever, etc.  There is no way it was better than the event at Hartford.  First of all, Hartford has a reputation of being predominantly a party school.  Second, there are about 3-4 times the amount of students at Hartford than there are at Purchase.  There were more kids in one apartment than living in 3 floors of the Farside dormatory in Purchase.  As fun as it was, and it was amazing, it kind of makes you sad to come back to a school that, at the very least, falls short of a full college experience.  I may sound cynical or pessimistic, but that is how I feel towards the school.  Maybe if I was in a conservatory or had artistic ability, I would be able to put aside the lack of sports, events and all around chaotic, yet fun atmosphere.  These are things one should consider before choosing a college.  I made that mistake, but either way, I suggest checking out other schools during their weekend events!  SOOOO FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment